People often cite lack of motivation as a major reason why they can’t get started on a weight loss journey or give up halfway blaming fizzling out of motivation. Just as you didn’t gain weight overnight, drop in weight would not happen in 2 or 3 days; visible results would show over a few weeks and would take even months, so remaining motivated and consistent with dieting and physical activity is important. Finding motivation to lose weight is easy, it could be your birthday next month or your best friend’s marriage in just a few weeks, or here’s the most common one – you want to fit into an old pair or jeans, but do you find giving up on yourself all too soon because the initial motivation seems to have vanished into thin air. Then, this post is for you because we have listed out 7 Ways To Keep Yourself Motivated To Lose Weight.
1. List Down Reasons you Want To Lose Weight: First things first, list down the reasons why you want to lose weight and keep going back to it to remain motivated through your journey. You might want to get lean for a particular event or occasion, to fit into an old pair of jeans, to improve lab profile, or in some cases, to get a revenge body. Whatever the reasons, list them one by one, keep checking it often, and draw motivation from it to stay on track.
2. Pick a Diet That’s Easy To Follow and Sustainable: A weight loss diet should encourage you to eat the right kind of food, in the right quantity to melt away those extra layers. Most people lose interest halfway through diet programs because they are probably on a fad diet that’s based on food deprivation, encouraging you to eat as much little food as possible. However, such kind of diets are neither healthy nor sustainable, and you would lose the motivation in just a few days. On the other hand, Rati Beauty diet, on the Rati Beauty app are totally sustainable and encourage you to eat all kinds of food – vegetables, fruits, whole grains, daily food, and even healthy fats. If you have been following Rati Beauty diet programs, you would have realized how amazing your diet food tastes and what’s more, you are losing weight following them! Amazing, right!? And you would never lose the motivation to get off of it.
3. Set Realistic Goals: When you set short-term unrealistic goals, you would most probably resort to crash dieting (extremely unhealthy) and would gain back all weight lost once you come out of it. Don’t set yourself unrealistic goals, hoping to lose 15 kg in a month. If you plan to lose 15 kg and you lose just 3 kg, it will probably push you back and make it difficult for you to march ahead. Set small milestones since they are more achievable, and once you reach them, you will be motivated to lose more because once you see results, it becomes an obsession.
3. Keep a Food Journal: People who keep a food journal often find that jotting down every meal into a notebook helps them eliminate high-calorie stuff and unhealthy food. A food journal also helps one set a food routine and the frequency of snacking, and makes it easier to stick to the weight loss diet.
4. Find a Friend with a Similar Goal and Tag Them Along: Believe us, two is better than one if you find it hard to stick to the diet plan or follow the exercise routine on a daily basis on your own. With a friend along, you can motivate each other to cook healthy meals, stick to the diet plan, and also exercise together.
5. Get Rid of Temptations: First from the kitchen, then from your life. The “out of sight, out of mind” theory works here. Clear your kitchen of unhealthy snacks and junk food because we tend to eat things that are easily accessible and available around the home (particularly in the refrigerator and kitchen), and give into temptation and cravings, and cite lack of motivation for doing so.
6. Make Lifestyle Changes: Losing weight is not about eating low-calorie food and exercising like crazy, you got to make lifestyle changes – be active through the day, find ways to de-stress, and bring on positive thinking. Weight loss cannot be a short-term goal, it has to be incorporated as a lifestyle change.
7. Do Not Deny yourself a Cheat Meal: To stay on track and remain motivated till you melt away the last pound of fat, do indulge in a cheat meal once a week. A good weight loss diet would encourage you to indulge in a cheat meal once a week, so does the Rati Beauty weight loss diet, because cravings can prevent you from following your diet religiously. A cheat meal also helps in resetting a sluggish metabolism and you would also remain motivated and stick to the diet better.
Hope these tips would help you to lose weight successfully without the initial motivation actually fizzling out.