Let’s admit it, each one of us who has tried to lose weight has given up more than once previously! And one of the main reasons for that is by adopting and following the wrong strategies and getting on fad diets that are not sustainable. Yo-yo dieting is a common phenomenon because we consider weight loss as a short-term project and back off when we do not see any results. So, in this post, we have listed out 10 Amazing Weight Loss Strategies That Actually Work!
1. Start on a Diet That you Would Enjoy and Still Lose Weight: And we are talking about the Rati Beauty diet on the Rati Beauty app, that does not encourage food deprivation or put you on unhealthy meal replacement powders or pills. Rati Beauty diet shows you how eating the right kind of food can help drop extra pounds as well as lose inches off the waist.
2. Eat Healthy Fats to Burn Fat: Whoever told you to stay off all forms of fat is responsible for you still being overweight. There is more than one kind of fat and the healthy fats in fact accelerate the fat-burning process. Each molecule of fat provides 9 calories per gram, whereas protein and carbs provide 4 calories each, so fat can keep you full for longer, reduce cravings and frequent snacking. Healthy fats boost metabolism instead of making it sluggish. Healthy fats are absolutely necessary for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E which are necessary in the fat-burning process. Check out the Rati Beauty diet to find out what kind of healthy fats can help you drop weight.
3. Move More and Exercise: The body has two kinds of fat – brown and white fat. Brown fat helps in torching calories because it consumes calories and generates heat. When activated, it can gobble up a lot of body’s calories. Exercise is one of the best ways to activate this kind of fat and also sleeping in cool temperatures. During exercise, when the heart muscles are exerted, a hormone called “irisin” is released that converts stubborn white fat into calorie-burning brown fat cells. So, keep aside at least 40 minutes from your busy schedule for exercise, even walking for one hour would be good for beginners.
4. Say no to Junk and Processed Food: We often come across situations when our friends or family are indulging in delicious desserts and all will power caves in. When you are eating out or with family, co-workers, friends, say polite “no” to food that you definitely know has a lot of calories and is unhealthy.
5. Chew your Food Properly: Take time to chew your food; don’t gobble! The longer you chew your food, the faster it breaks down and releases nutrients and sends signals to the brain of being full. Chewing your food for longer produces lesser of ghrelin, an enzyme which makes you feel hungry and more of peptides which makes you feel less hungry. It is recommended to chew your food completely before swallowing it.
5. Outsmart your Appetite: When we crave for fried food, desserts, chocolates, and sweet treats, don’t blame your will power yet. The next time when we feel such a way about a particular food, start thinking about the benefits of not eating that particular dish. Read about “20 Clever Ways to Train your Brain to Resist Junk Food.”
6. Be on your Feet At Every Given Opportunity: Sitting or lying around all day puts pressure on your cells and they tend to spread. If you have a sitting job, take a break every 15 minutes because there’s an enzyme called “lipase” that is required for the fat-burning process and it switches its function when there’s no movement in the body. If you have to burn fat and lose weight, you have to be up and about on your feet through the day.
7. Go Green! Green tea is believed to be hugely beneficial for weight loss. It has caffeine in amounts which is required by the body and also it produces ECGC which reduces fat absorption. It also increases the amount of fat being eliminated from the body. So, make sure you are drinking one or two cups of green tea in a day, but don’t go beyond 2 cups because excess amount leads to dehydration.
8. Eat Metabolism Boosting Foods: Certain foods tend to boost metabolism compared to others. Check out this list of “25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods For Weight Loss.”
9. Stress Less: Increased stress also means high level of the hormone cortisol which triggers fat storage and increase in belly fat. Find ways to de-stress to fasten up the weight loss process.
10. Get 7 Hours of Z’sss: Just like stress, less amount of sleep can lead to weight gain and prevent the body from burning fat. In fact, when you sleep for 5 hours or less every night, there are high chances that you would gain weight even with exercise and diet. So, sleep tight at night, and at least for 7 hours!
Additional Tip: Here’s a metabolism-boosting drink that you can prepare the previous night by soaking 1 tbsp of ajwain in big glass of water. The next morning, on an empty stomach, strain and drink the water to boost weight loss. Ajwain or carrom seeds has anti-inflammatory properties, abundant antioxidants, and aids in better digestion – all adding up to help you drop extra pounds.
So, let’s get working girls!